This 2005 Hinckley 36 Picnic EP "Boxer" is ready for a new home and new adventures. The year was 1994, The vessel was Hinckley's 36 Picnic Boat. Yachting’s Oliver S. Moore III described the boat’s ride as “knife-through-butter smooth.” The model has since enjoyed a 22-year production run. Among the classic, extended pilothouse and MKIII versions, 491 hulls have been built. The jet-drive option coupled with a 350 hp Yanmar six-cylinder engine allows for an 18-inch draft, 29-knot top speed and 25-knot cruising speed. Belowdecks there’s a compact galley to port and a forward V-berth large enough for comfortable weekend cruising. In a world of monkey see, monkey do high-volume production boats, it is refreshing to experience something as revolutionary and practical as this Hinckley. Beauty is as beauty does, and this boat really does it.
Manufacturer Provided Description
Since its introduction in 1994, the Hinckley Picnic Boat has become the most successful single motor yacht in this company's history. With the Picnic Boat EP, Hinckley has extended the pilothouse roof by 2.5 feet, added an L-shaped settee, and now offers an optional 3 by 3-foot triangular teak pedestal table, creating a layout ideally suited to relaxed conversation and gracious entertaining. The engine box, typically used as the picnic table, has also been redesigned with entertaining in mind. As part of the EP option package, it incorporates a wet bar with molded-in sink, foldaway faucet and an insulated icebox. The reconfigured engine box also includes an additional aft-facing cushioned seat, facing the standard transom settee - a favorite perch of sunseekers. In all other respects, the EP retains the Picnic Boat's performance features and refined appointments. Her jet drive, JetStick controls and 18-inch draft allow access where no other 36-foot yachts dare venture. DualGuard hull construction of Kevlar and carbon makes her highly rigid and impact-resistant, yet lightweight enough to reach a top speed of 28 knots. And her interior is handcrafted in cherry with Hinckley's signature teak and holly sole varnished to a rich luster.
Hull and Deck
Construction of the hull is Hinckley DualGuard Composite Construction Kevlar E-glass hybrid outer skin, with a carbon fiber inner skin. SCRIMP laminated with vinylester resin. Deck and cockpit are E-glass with balsa and closed-cell foam core, SCRIMPED with vinylester resin.
- Flag Blue Awlgrip topsides
- Light Cream W520 gelcoat cabin house and deck
- The deck sole has a molded nonskid pattern
- Marelon ball-valve seacocks with thru-hulls below water line and Marelon thru-hulls above the waterline
- Stainless steel half round on fiberglass molded rub rail
- Heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform has teak insert treads, stainless steel bracket and half round -
- Stainless steel telescoping 3-step folding swim ladder that stores under platform
- Flush foredeck anchor locker with hinged hatch
- Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top
- Stainless Steel handrails on house top, cabin and aft end of pilothouse
- Four (4) elliptical ports on house sides (all opening with screens)
- Hinckley pilothouse mast with spotlight and radome painted to match deck.
- (5) Low profile opening aluminum hatches with retractable screens/shades
- Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks
- Bow, stern and 316L stainless steel mooring cleats - mid-rail easily reached from cockpit – pop-up mid ship cleats
- Fender padeyes with toe rail chafe strips
- ACR spotlight - Masthead mounted with helm mounted electric remote control
- The Picnic EP teak covered engine box has an insulated cooler and sink wet bar and an aft-facing cushioned seat.
- The wet bar area includes a stainless steel sink with foldaway faucet and hot and cold pressure water, Force 10 BBQ grill, a storage drawer, and additional storage under the sink
- The entire engine box/wet bar and seat is hinged on the aft end and has electric lift for easy access to the engine
- Teak side and capped cockpit coaming
- Courtesy lights under side decks port and starboard
- Cockpit lockers with varnished louvered teak doors
- Cockpit shower with mixing valve
- A stainless steel cockpit step with teak treads that mounts port or starboard with stainless steel brackets.
- Teak boarding step for port or starboard side deck
- Captain Navy exterior cushions
- Cockpit cover
- Teak finished pilothouse sides and dash
- (4) Pilothouse windows are gray tinted and include: (2) Sliding side windows and (2) Fixed, forward with heavy duty, self-parking, intermittent windshield wipers and fresh water washers.
- Insulated white overhead has four (4) acrylic opening hatches with Ocean Air Sky screen/shades
- Additional illumination is by four (4) overhead low-voltage halogen lights.
- Storage locker under pilothouse settee
- (2) Hella fans - mounted port and starboard
- (5) Cup holders
- Varnished teak locking companionway door
- Teak varnished book/chart storage to port
Aft Pilot House
- (2) Varnished teak handrails are under the aft outboard ends of the pilothouse cabin top
- (2) Stidd 500N Admiral Slimline helm and navigators seats covered in Ivory Ultraleather
Helm and Navigation Equipment
- Aft Pilothouse has a cushioned L-shaped settee. This settee is covered in cockpit matching Canvas fabric.
- Varnished pilothouse table has a fixed height, removable polished stainless pedestal with flush mount base.
- Varnished teak instrument pod
- Teak main cabin bulkhead
- Stainless steel 14” steering wheel with varnished wood rim
- Hinckley “JetStick®”
- Engine gauges, tachometer with hour meter, oil pressure, water temp., nozzle indicator
- Lenco Trim Tabs with controls and indicators
- Top-opening locker with chart storage
- 12-volt “cigarette-style” outlet in chart pocket
- Three cup holders
Helm Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- Garmin 12” color plotter/radar with 2KW Radome painted to match deck.
- Garmin Repeater
- Raymarine ST Smart Pilot Auto-Pilot
- ICOM M402 DSC VHF radio
- Fusion MS-NRX300 Stereo
- Marine Speakers above and below deck
The Interior is finished in satin-varnished cherry, including sheathing. The cabin sole is varnished teak and tulipwood. From the pilothouse companionway is the Galley to port, private Head to starboard and the V-berth accommodations forward. This is a perfect couple weekend yacht.
- Stainless steel sink with Grohe fixtures and spray nozzle
- Hot and cold pressure water.
- Adler Barbourrefrigeration – 12-volt cold plate refrigerator in a self draining box
- Force 10 two-burner stainless steel stove with remote propane shut-off and wood cover/cutting board
- GE Microwave
- 110-volt outlet
- Under counter pull-out garbage receptacle
- (3) Cherry pullout drawers
- Red step-light in galley
- LP gas sniffer
- Propane shut-off valve
- Opening port with screen
- Additional storage is provided outboard and under the galley sink.
The stove is set in the countertop forward and has a custom wood stove cover/cutting board which adds to the already ample counter space surrounding the sink. Microwave is built in outboard. The refrigeration is mounted aft of the sink and is accessed by a counter lift-up top. A “pantry” locker with louvered door and several shelves separates the galley from the forward V-berth area.
HEAD (Next aft starboard)
- Solid cherry door panel door
- Molded fiberglass sole for easy cleaning.
- Varnished cherry countertop with an undermounted porcelain sink.
- Grohe faucet/hand held shower provides hot & cold pressure water – bracket for shower bulkhead mounted
- Sealand Vacu-Flush electric marine head is plumbed to a 27-gallon aluminum holding tank and overboard discharge
- Mirror on the forward bulkhead with cherry frame.
- Storage is provided by cherry faced lockers above and outboard the vanity, a drawer with a cherry face beside the marine head, and a locker under the vanity.
- 110-volt outlet
- Hella fan
- Opening port with screen, as well as forced ventilation.
- A double berth is formed with an insert and matching cushion
- Cushions are upholstered in Sunbrella Navy
- Storage locker under a V-berth has a shelf and an easy-access cherry drop-front door
- Storage in forepeak behind a louvered cherry door
- Hanging locker is just aft of the V-berths to starboard
- (2) Stereo speakers are mounted port and starboard on the forward bulkhead
- (2) Hella fans – port and starboard bulkhead facing aft
- Overhead opening hatch with Ocean Air Sky screen/shade
- Varnished cherry shelves port and starboard over v-berth
12-Vold DC electrical system:
- Engine Start: (1) 12-Volt
- House Batteries: (2) 12-volt
- 80-amp battery alternator on engine
- Heavy-duty battery parallel switch also allows emergency starting
- Electrical 12-volt distribution panel includes thermo-magnetic breakers, volt and amp meter
110-volt 30-amp AC electrical system:
- 110-volt shore power inlet, relay and a shore power cord with power indicator light
- ProMariner Inverter/Battery Charger
- 110-volt outlets in head and galley
- Yanmar 6LY2A-STP
- Hamilton 292 Jet
- ZF Marine ZF220 Transmission
- Hinckley custom “JetStick” control system
- Yanmar fuel filter/water separator
- Tachometer with engine hours gauge
- Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges
- Alarms for high-low oil pressure, and high water temperature
- Water jet nozzle direction indicator
Irish Boat Shop Disclaimer
- Oil transfer pump for engine and transmission
- Manual hydraulic steering pump
- (2) Electric 1500-GPH 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches
- Whale emergency bilge pump - mounted in cockpit locker-New in 2017
- In-line 12-volt automatic shower sump pump
- 27-gallon aluminum holding tank with overboard discharge
- 6-gallon stainless steel hot water heater – shore power and engine heated
- (2) 80-gallon heavy gauge aluminum fuel tanks - total 160-gallons
- Mylar-faced acoustical foam lined engine box insulation
- Engine box cover has double gaskets and an electric riser
- Engine box forced air exhaust fan
- Accupoint heater with outlets in pilothouse, main cabin and head
- Automatic engine compartment fire suppression system, with automatic engine shut-down
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.